Yates were awarded the Queensland Master Builders Housing & Construction Award for this unique home featuring traditional brickwork in a limestone finish and a separate complementary guest quarters.
We added 1,000 square metres of slate roofing at a 37 degree pitch for a stunning effect. The high level of logistics and planning required for the five metre high roof framing at that angle was an unprecedented challenge. Recycled blackbutt timber posts at the entry, adding solid cedar to the timber joinery and gables, and hand-built timber vanities created a luxury mountain cabin feeling. Separate guest quarters were also added.
- 1000m2 slate roof with a 37 degree pitch
- High level of logistics and safety planning required for the standing of the 5m high roof framing
- Recycled blackbutt timber posts at the entry
- Solid cedar to timber joinery and gables
- Hand-built timber vanities
- Separate guest quarters
- Renovation/Addition Project Over $1 million | 2016 HIA-CSR Brisbane Housing Awards